PDA

عرض كامل الموضوع : Nostalgia ..The Fountain of Memories

RainAroma
23-10-2009, 02:07 AM
When the past controls the present the future will be ruined ..

http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1256251752281.jpg
In life people go through several stages so they experience different situations that create different impacts on their lives and sometimes these impacts last forever !!

The majority of people have a romantic image of their childhood or their past years in general ..they think the past was much better politically , economically and socially than the present.. their inability of coping with their problems make them miss the things they lost right now ,things they don't have any more like a social position ,successful career or sometimes the times they spent with someone dear who doesn't exist in their current lives for any reason.

This way of looking at the past and the present called Nostalgia

Wiki's definition:
The term nostalgia describes a longing for the past, often in idealized (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idealisation) form (. . .) nostalgia includes a general interest in past eras and their personalities and events, especially the "good old days" of a few generations back recast in an idyllic light.

And another article says:
The term ‘nostalgia’ derives from the Greek words nostos (return) and algos (pain). The literal meaning of nostalgia, then, is the suffering evoked by the desire to return to one’s place of origin.

Is it a disease ??
Yes , most of scientists consider it a mental disease or disorder and for some advanced conditions the recommend a Surgical treatment !!

The best things ever said about nostalgia:

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_g5y8KnpXQ8Q/SFetwv1eQ9I/AAAAAAAAAJ8/K9QLfTRAzo8/s400/01.jpg
"The only real security in a relationship lies neither in looking back in nostalgia, nor forward in dread or anticipation, but living in the present relationship and accepting it as it is now."
-Anne Morrow Lindbergh (http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=689)

" We seem to be going through a period of nostalgia, and everyone seems to think yesterday was better than today. I don’t think it was, and I would advise you not to wait 10 years before admitting today was great. If you’re hung up on nostalgia, pretend today is yesterday and just go out and have one hell of a time."
-Art Buchwald (http://www.quoteland.com/author.asp?AUTHOR_ID=1666)

My own experience ... a whole year of nostalgia !!

http://s.bebo.com/app-image/6408832534/6408329329/PROFILE/i.idlestudios.com/img/q/u/08/04/09/thoughtful.jpg

It starts when I lost some one dear. That person I could easily call my soul mate. We used to go together, talk, watch TV and even think together. unfortunately we got separated , and I couldn't cope with my new life so I hung up with nostalgia and lamented the old days . In fact, people kept telling that the time will bring us together again but I should wait. Then I found out that in waiting I would miss the good stuff, so I start to appreciate the bless of solitude in thinking and planning for my life ,and I figured out that there's nothing better than today cuz it's the thing u can control ,change and certainly LIVE it.

Questions for discussion
Have u ever experienced nostalgia in ur life?-
-Can a smell of certain perfume , an old movie,a song or a picture for anyone bring memories to ur mind ?
in our own words describe the following past -present-future?

Thank you in advance

bp039

Noraaaaaa
23-10-2009, 02:37 PM
pb189 Nice topic Layali Arabia

I would like to answer about your questions

?First of all , Have u ever experienced Nostalgia in ur life

yes , of course especially when I was studying high school in the eastern region:sm1:

really when I memorized my friends and left them there , I feel to want crying

Can a smell of certain perfume , an old movie,a song or a picture nostalgia for anyone bring memories to ur mind ?

pb189pb189 yes , I have gifts and souvenirs

in ur own words describe the following past -present-future?

For the past >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> just
Beautiful memories pb189

For the present >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To study and work very hare in sha Allahpb189

For the future >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To be distinct in my field and plus work

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx about nice topic

bp039

RainAroma
31-10-2009, 12:20 AM
pb189 Nice topic Layali Arabia

pb027merci merci

yes , of course especially when I was studying high school in the eastern region:sm1:

:sm1:y it's always abt high school

For the present >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> To study and work very hare in sha Allahpb189

pb189optimistic answer

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanx about nice topic

thank YOU for ur sincere answer u just got to the point
bless ye
bp039

pussy catty
31-10-2009, 08:13 AM
oooh nostalgia
who doesn't suffer from this disease ,, I think we all do
u know what ,, in the past I was in love with Fairouz "the singer" I love her voice sooo much ,, i was listening to her songs all the time ,, one day ,, ,, I was talking with a friend about her and I discovered that this friend is in EXTRA love with her ,, in a way I felt I knew nothing about her songs,, time passes and we left each other ,, and now most of her songs remind me of this person ,, that passion became nothing ,, and now I barely listen to her ,, i still love her but i dont want to remember hurting things

thanx layali ,, nice topic

A n t
31-10-2009, 10:51 AM
-Can a smell of certain perfume , an old movie,a song or a picture for anyone bring memories to ur mind ?

Hi ^___^

I think even children experience nostalgia
it is something that happens without a permission
ALL in your inner mind just keeps coming back ..

its really nice thing .. ^____^

yeah .. I guess even a piece of cake would maybe
remind me of a wedding or a party ...

an ant ... would remind me that I was so mean
to that ant .. :(

Past makes present and present makes the future
^_____________^

Thanks

RainAroma
01-11-2009, 12:45 AM
oooh nostalgia
who doesn't suffer from this disease
:(

u know what ,, in the past I was in love with Fairouz "the singer" I love her voice sooo much ,, i was listening to her songs all the time ,, one day ,, ,, I was talking with a friend about her and I discovered that this friend is in EXTRA love with her ,, in a way I felt I knew nothing about her songs,, time passes and we left each other
pb189yeah such is life
i still love her but i dont want to remember hurting things
yea it's the best way to but sad memories behind ye & go on ;)ur life
thanx layali ,, nice topic
thank u
bp039pb094

RainAroma
01-11-2009, 01:02 AM
I think even children experience nostalgia
it is something that happens without a permission
ALL in your inner mind just keeps coming back ..

pb093n that's wat i hate abt it

its really nice thing .. ^____^

but when a certain memory-especially a sad one- keeps appearing in ur mind it really prevents ye from living ur life normally

Past makes present and present makes the future
^_____________^

:rolleyes:cool
Thanks[/QUOTE]
bp039merci

مضيعة بلنتي
09-11-2009, 03:51 PM
When the past controls the present the future will be ruined ..

bp039
I agree with this statement
But I think it depends on the person experiences itself,If its successful or unsuccessful

Questions for discussion

Yes, I miss our old house..
Life spontaneous:cool:
Simplicity;)

ashb Khaled
I remember he sings
De de
de de
de de de Ddioa Ddioa
until now I do not know what exactly mean??
When we went with my uncle in car pb189
on the way he always hear it:D

past:gone
present:Struggle
future:Mysterious

Arabian Nights
I enjoyed a lot :sm5:
when I disinter in my memory about nostalgiapb189
Be always nearbp039

RainAroma
13-11-2009, 05:20 PM
Yes, I miss our old house..
Life spontaneous:cool:
Simplicity;)
:sm12:yea..tell me abt it
hope u're over it now
ashb Khaled
I remember he sings
De de
de de
de de de Ddioa Ddioa
pb027pb189LOOOOOLZZ

until now I do not know what exactly mean??
pb189http://www.monsterup.com/upload/1258124832549.gifsame thing ..same

in our own words describe the following past -present-future
past:gone
present:Struggle
future:Mysterious
bp039:rolleyes:
Arabian Nights
I enjoyed a lot :sm5:
when I disinter in my memory about nostalgiapb189
Be always nearbp039
مضيعه بلنتي
thank YOU